From on-site training to training retreats, McLaren Formula Training is fast, fun, and focused
“After experiencing Lorna’s teaching methods, we arranged to bring her into our company for customized training. Excellent both times!”
Pacific Blue Cross
Pamela Mills, Group Service Representative
Training is our forte. Let us help your leaders, teams and individuals with effective communication strategies that will increase productivity, profits and personal work satisfaction.
Pop the Garlic
Fast track training in prioritizing, organizing, and getting things done.
You can 'pop' 5 cloves of garlic in the same amount of time it takes to peal one. Learn systems to increase your productivity and efficiency. Find your functionality flow.
Free-up valuable time as you:
- Get control and have clarity of objectives
- Create quick systems for greater performance
- Eliminate time wasters and stress
Keep the Red Flag Down
How to handle difficult people and manage emotions
Most of our nightmares at work are people problems, not technical ones. While 2/3 of us are uncomfortable with 'conflict', 42% leave a job based on unresolved problems with others.
Know what to say and do to:
- Improve relationships and decrease employee turnover
- Control emotional language for positive results
- Tap into your intelligence when the situation seems insane
What did you really say?
Differences in personalities and communication styles can cause misunderstandings, resentment, and breakdowns in effective communication. Reverse it by understanding, appreciating, and utilizing this powerful information.
Inspire greater motivation, clarity and results as you:
- Excel in communicating with basically anyone
- Make an instant connection and avoid misunderstandings
- Build stronger relationships of respect and appreciation
Stop in the Name of Stress
How to recognize, control, and alleviate stress
It's a knowledge-based economy. Mental health is crucial
for performance. Stress affects our mental agility then manifests physically.
Don't let stress disable you or your organization's potential. Have strategies you can instantly apply for immediate results:
- Understand and get control of what happens to you when under stress
- Change your stress triggers and enjoy a different response
The Team Player
No One is Successful by Themselves
What makes a good team player? Do you know what strengths you bring to the team and how to bring out the strengths of others? When the pressure is on, do you thrive or dive?
This is not a discussion about theory, nor will we be pussy-footing around. This is a high impact, fun and interactive session as we ‘go for the jugular’ to learn and understand the influence each team player has and how to increase each team member’s ability. You will definitely walk away with some powerful revelations.
Leadership and Teambuilding
The powerful Guide on the Side
Create a high performing team while inspiring accountability, creativity and continual development. Studies prove that people increase productivity and profits when they are working in a team. Maximize on proven strategies to effectively delegate, coach, problem solve and maintain an environment of accomplishment and mutual respect.
Areas to cover:
- effectively appreciate the contributions of others and inspire your team to go the extra mile
- delegate with confidence and success while reducing frustration
- leverage the intellectual capitol of your greatest resource - your people
- successfully coach others to increase capabilities and accountability
- quickly detect and correct problems and turn them into opportunities
Presentation Techniques – The Success Catapult
Many accomplished, smart people feel their impact and income suffer because they have not developed the ability to communicate their message. In this upbeat, fun, and relaxed environment you will gain valuable tools you can use immediately to improve your ability, credibility and charisma when speaking in public. Increase your confidence and marketability with these proven techniques when speaking to large groups, training your staff, leading a meeting, presenting to the boss, massaging public relations, and maximizing media exposure.
Learn how to:
- make the transition from nervous wreck to competent speaker
- have a simple method to organize a presentation to do what you want it to do
- discover how to instantly make a good impression and keep your audience interested
- instantly improve voice clarity, cadence and projection – with ease
- handle questions with diplomacy, control and finesse (even if you don’t know the answer)
Accelerated Training and Learning Techniques
Increase your “R.O.R.” - Return On Retention
Learning how to learn is one of the most important assets – the more educated you are, the more options you will have. Yet with that said, studies show that most people forget up to 80% of what they’ve learned within 2 days to 2 weeks after a traditional training session. Paying your employees while they are in a training session that yields only 20% retention is not a good return on your investment nor value for their time. Acquire the skills to learn faster, train more efficiency and remember more. Ideal for companies who want to Train their Trainers.
Based on time available, areas that can be covered:
- the simple yet powerful formulas to ‘save’ or ‘download’ information for quick access and implementation
- how to speak to the different learning styles so you don’t get ‘tuned out’
- why some training is ineffective even though the presenter is dynamic
- how to keep people interested, make the training relevant to their needs and see effectual change
- formulas to increase your retention and implementation of new skills no matter what training environment you find yourself in